top of page
Read Our Tips for Recycling around Calgary with Us
For tips on how to handle recycling in Calgary with Chinook Bottle Depot, take a look at this page or contact us directly! We want to help you feel confident about your ability to help the earth one recycling session at a time.
If you would like faster service, we ask that you pre-sort and pre-count your materials before visiting us. Then, bag and label all counted and sorted containers by the dozens.
For more information about BCMB-registered containers, please read our page on return rates.
Please separate all BCMB-registered, ready-to-serve beverage containers by the following sorts:
- Aluminum cans 1 litre and less
- PET 1 litre and less (clear & blue tinted)
- PET over 1 litre (clear & blue tinted)
- Glass 1 litre and less (excludes refillable domestic beer bottles, Miller, Sleeman, Steam Whistle, & Moose Head)
- Glass over 1 litre
- Tetra 1 litre and less
- Tetra over 1 litre
- HDPE over 1 litre (natural)
- Other plastics 1 litre and less
- Other plastics over 1 litre
- Gable tops 1 litre and less
- Gable tops over 1 litre
- Bi-metals 1 litre and less
- Bi-metals over 1 litre
- Foil drink pouches 1 litre and less
- Bag in box over 1 litre
bottom of page